What is Breast Reduction Surgery?
Removal of excess skin, fat and glandular tissue for women who have excessive breast tissue can often alleviate most of the discomfort associated with large breasts. Reducing the breast to a size that is more proportionate and comfortable for a patient can be achieved through surgical reduction by the use of several techniques, including liposuction alone. Most women recover more easily than they imagined because often an immediate sense of relief is felt once the breast size is reduced.
Is Breast Reduction Surgery Right For You?
Breast reduction surgery is a highly individualized procedure and you should do it for yourself, not to fulfill someone else’s desires or to try to fit any sort of ideal image. Breast reduction may be a good option for you if:
- You are physically healthy
- You have realistic expectations
- You don’t smoke
- You are bothered by the feeling that your breasts are too large
- Your breasts limit your physical activity
- You experience back, neck, and shoulder pain caused by the weight of your breasts
- You have regular indentations from bra straps that support heavy, pendulous breasts
- You have skin irritation beneath the breast crease
- Your breasts hang low and have stretched skin
- Your nipples rest below the breast crease when your breasts are unsupported
- You have enlarged areolas caused by stretched skin